Friday, September 14, 2007

Lily Pastel


This is the last of the pastel paintings I did in August. It's my favorite of the three, mostly because it's something I might actually hang on my wall.

And it was fun to do. It's an 11x14, whereas the others were 8x10. When I do a larger subject like this, I finger blend almost exclusively. It took three different colors to make that particular purple/plum color.

I'll have another critique for you Monday. Oh, and my word count goal? I was doing great, but the past two days I got too deep into research and didn't write. I have to make up for that today and tomorrow, hopefully incorporating some of that research.

You southerners still want some of this cold weather? It's 36 degrees this morning, forecasted to warm to a toasty 46 by afternoon. I'll send you 20 degrees of cold if you return the favor with an equal amount of warm.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Tammy Bowers said...

Beautiful, Tina. Your pastels are really nice. You are full of talents!

Christina Tarabochia said...

I would LOVE to hang that on my wall. It really comes across in digital form.

Deb said...

Dang, girlfriend, you're good. I did some playing with pastels in my youth, but never came up with anything half so good.