Monday, September 10, 2007

Shark Pastel

This is the first of three pastels I entered in my county fair this year.

But I have a lousy camera. Most of my highlights and some of my lowlights were lost in the photo. The underside of the water looks much more realistic in person. The light source should show up as a nice glowing streak in the center.

I love water, as you know. And I like to flip onto my back when I'm snorkeling to look at the water's surface. That's why I chose to do an underwater picture.

I've never snorkeled in the ocean, only in lakes and the Mississippi. So why a shark? It's just a recognizable silhouette. Although I did have some people tell me they liked my dolphin picture. Oh, well.

1 comment:

Ernie W. said...

Hi Tina, the picture is beautiful. It looks so real. I'm truly impressed.

Ernie