Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Welcome

...to the start of yet another blog. Another writer's blog.

Yes, I feel your pain. But all of us writers are out here trying to create a "presence" on the web. I'll try to make this blog interesting and entertaining. And now that I've said that, I feel like a classroom comedian who's just been told, "Say something funny."

*crickets chirping*

You'll have to come back to find out what this blog will be about. I have an idea, but it may not pan out. So for now, I'll introduce myself.

I've been married for nearly 12 years to a wonderful man. I started writing Christian fiction nine years ago. Still not published after nine years? Well, my start was rough. I knew nothing and turned out drivel. After quite a bit of study, I've been writing seriously for the last five years. If that still sounds like a long time to go without being published, then you must not be a writer. Or you're just beginning.

So far, I've written two historical novels, and several short stories. Not a lot of output for my years. I'm a polisher. I've done much more re-writing than writing. Now I'm facing the beginning of a new book, and frankly it scares me. But I'll get through it.

And now I've got you to keep me accountable. What have I done?

No comments: