Thursday, July 12, 2007

Odds and ends

I chose the name of this blog for obvious reasons. And for now, the name applies to the blog itself, and not just the type of content I'm filling it with.

How often should I post critiques? Five days a week would be nice for consistency. Three might be better for my sanity. But the bottom line is, it depends on how many requests come in.

Right now I'm safe taking a day off and asking for feedback. Does the blog look okay? What about the format for the critiques? As I'm putting in comments, sometimes it feels intrusive. But I haven't come up with a better way to do it. I don't really want to post twice---first with the original untouched, and second with my comments.

My ideal would be to insert a number that you could hover your mouse over and the comment would pop up in a little box. I don' think that's possible. And putting numbers in the text with numbered comments on the bottom would be annoying for you, I'd think.


A little more about me.

During the school year, I'm a director for an AWANA program. For those of you not familiar with AWANAs, it's a kid's program where they play games, memorize verses, and have a devotional time.

Being a director means I'm in charge of a group of 3rd through 6th grade girls. I keep the night rolling, give the devotionals--most of which I write myself, and organize the AWANA store. The girl's earn points for saying verses and for attendance. Once a month or so, they can trade in those points for prizes. I end up purchasing most of the prizes so--lucky me--I get to decide what girls ages 8-12 might like. Believe me, they let me know if I buy something they don't like.

If you have daughters this age, give me some tips, okay?

I serve my church in various other ways, but I have more spare time in the summer--which I spend swimming in the Mississippi river at my parents' place. Swimming, soaking in vitamin D on an air mattress. It's all good.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you where I am in my writing journey. And I'll give you a little story about when I asked God for confirmation that He wants me to write.

Hint: God likes faith better than ultimatums.

1 comment:

Ernie W. said...

Hi Tina, I like how you are posting the critiques currently. They're easy to read, even with your comments.

I will be adding your blog to my Blog links.

Thanks, Ernie