Monday, August 13, 2007

Out of ink

Friday's post was the last critique I received.

So until more come in, this blog will switch tracks. Tomorrow I'll post the first 1,000 or so words of my Genesis entry to give you a taste of the kind of writing I do. The rest of the week will be other tidbits of my life, including photos of some pastel painting I've done--if I can take a decent photo of my work.

This lull gives all of you who have been critiqued a second chance. Did I only critique half a chapter? Send the second half. Did you submit a prologue because chapter 0ne was too long? I'll do a two-part post on the chapter.

Or... Did my comments inspire new ideas, show you things you never knew were a problem? Do you have a fabulous re-write you want to show everyone? Send it in, and I'll post it, comment-free.

And lastly...

I'm currently lobbying for a wage increase for those of us trying to get published. In the meantime, I've had to get creative. I'm starting to do paid critiques--either a partial manuscript, or whole. Maybe some of you lurkers like my critique style, but don't want your baby subject to public criticism. My rates are reasonable. Just email me with a word count and I'll let you know how much it would cost.

I'm a great believer in free critiques. Crit partners and groups are great resources. Take advantage of those if you can. But if you feel your manuscript needs that extra touch, I'm very thorough. And the first 1,000 words are free.

1 comment:

Samsung CLP-600n toner said...

Hey Tina,
I respect your work very much. Well worded talent goes far in the journalism career. Keep up the good work, so far I've clearly understood and followed up with your writings and I just want to throw some kudos at you, very good to hear people putting their mind to words the clear way :)
Anyways, until the next time I run across your page, c ya' ciao!