Friday, August 31, 2007

I've been tagged

Christina Berry tagged me while I was on vacation last week. Despite the poor grammar in rule #2, I decided to play along.

The Rules:

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.

4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.

5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

My middle name is Marie. Something relevant to my life. Hmmm. This reminds me of an assignment in high school where we had to think of a positive trait about ourselves for each letter of our first and last name. Not doing that! My take on this will be five things that would change my life significantly if I didn't have them.

M Marriage. On August fifth, Brian and I celebrated 12 years of marriage. Brian is my biggest support base, whatever I'm doing. He does my grocery shopping (I hate grocery shopping), and cooks when he has to. Most importantly, he makes me laugh. I can't imagine life without him.

A Art. Hey, I'm going in the order of my middle name, not importance. Painting and writing are both forms of art. My creative outlets. When I go very long without doing one, I have to do the other.

R A right relationship with God. I'm not saying simply a relationship with God--that's so obvious it goes without saying. Being His child is the core of my existence. But a right relationship with God is something I have to maintain. I too often let other things come before my quiet time. That definitely changes my life for the worse.

I Internet. When I was a writer without a computer, it was a lonely existence. I don't know any writers in my area. When I got involved with writer's groups and critique partners online, it expanded my world. I especially appreciate the community I found in ACFW.

E Eggs. (Give me a break, I have a cold. That's the best I could come up with.) I need my protein. Cereal doesn't cut it for me. When I don't have my eggs for breakfast, my energy dips during the day. Good healthy farm eggs. Yep.


Now I'm supposed to tag one person for each letter of my middle name. I don't have five blogging friends. Well I do, but a couple have already been tagged. So I'll tag the other three and the tag game overlords can slap me on the wrist.

Teena Stewart
David Fry
Vicki Tiede

3 comments:

Christina Tarabochia said...

What a unique middle name. I wish I had a middle name like that.... Actually, I really got to know you better by what you shared. Thanks for playing along!

shaunjoy said...

Good thing your middle name wasn't Josephine, Marguerite, Alexandrina, Shaughnessy, Evangeline, or Wilhelmina. :)

Anonymous said...

And I was beginning to wonder about that virutal tap on the shoulder ... now I know the culprit.

Thanks for tagging me. Now I must go be creative.

blessings,

david