Thursday, January 10, 2008

What's next?

I apologize to my readers, if I have any left. It's no secret that once the critique requests stopped coming in, I had no idea what to do with this blog. The contest didn't work. Not a single chapter came my way.

I'm turning my attention to reviews right now. I've never been a reviewer, so I'll have to learn how to write a good review as I go. Look for sporadic (at least to start with) reviews to appear here in the near future.

If I can think of anything to say in the meantime, I'll post.

For today, Brandilyn Collins is posting excerpts from a great book called Art and Fear. Today's post resonated with me, so I'm linking to it, even though I suspect most or all of you already read her blog.

3 comments:

Richard L. Mabry, MD said...

Tina,
Don't be discouraged. Yes, there are still readers out there. I've noticed on my own blog, tracked via SiteMeter (a free program) that traffic was slow during the holidays. People are just now getting back in the swing of things.
As for the contest, I don't enter many of those unless the book is one I'd planned to buy anyway. Again calling on my experience, I had a giveaway of a novel by one of the most prominent Christian fiction writers around and got only two comments. It happens. Don't worry.
Keep on writing, critiquing as the opportunity presents, and let us know how you're doing. Sometimes it helps just to take some time off, but don't stay gone too long.
Blessings,
Richard

Christina Tarabochia said...

Here's an idea you might like: offer the critiques again on ACFW and say it will help for the Genesis entries. If you hadn't already looked at my first 15 pages, I'd jump on that.

And I'm still here. :-)

Tina Helmuth said...

I like that idea, Christina. Except that they've been cracking down lately on promoting blogs on the ACFW loop. And hardly anyone goes to the forum.

Plus, even if people want an opinion on their Genesis entries, they may not want them posted on a blog. They'd have to be anonymous.

So I like your idea, but I don't know how to make it work.